From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC about another *DEPEND variable
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 14:48:03
On Thursday 21 September 2006 10:04, Brian Harring wrote:
> I agree; while I'm labeling it ABI, includes both bad soname handling > and seperate sonames.
those people should be smacked (for the interest of disclosure, i have violated the "bad soname" rule for the sake of following upstream)
> Feel free to point out a 4th option if I'm missing it, but for the > request, that's what exists afaict; meanwhile, stating that pkgs are > being stupid, while true, doesn't actually solve the issue :)
4) portage maintains a list of ABI SONAMEs in use and does not unmerge the library until all consumers are gone i'm referring to the specific file of course, not anything else in the package ... so integrating the hack eutils.eclass:preserve_old_lib() into portage so it isnt a hack (not a knock against the current implementation here; it's always going to be a hack until portage manages proper unmerging of the ABI library) -mike

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC about another *DEPEND variable Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>