From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Re: Inotify and (f)crontabs
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 09:08:04
1 Ryan Reich wrote:
2 <snip useful discussion that went over my head>
3 >
4 > If there's interest in incorporating this, I wouldn't mind testing my
5 > idea. Once I get past the initial resistance to doing anything at
6 > all, it's probably two minutes' compilation time plus two more writing
7 > the config files to set up.
8 >
9 I think I should point out that comments like that really get people's backs
10 up; if it's so quick and easy why didn't you implement it first and then
11 ask for comments on a working project? If you only wanted discussion then
12 cool, you got it ;)
13
14 Please do post a follow up with a link to the working code.
15
16 (BTW my 5 minute projects always take weeks.. ;)
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list