From: Drake Wyrm <wyrm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: use flags -> use options
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 04:29:50
1 Jan Kundr?t <jkt@g.o> wrote:
2 > Tobias Klausmann wrote:
3 > > For those apps that need an editor, one could think of editor=vim.
4 >
5 > USE flag change usually triggers a rebuild of the package in question. I
6 > certainly don't want to rebuild packages just because I switch $EDITOR.
7
8 If there's a compile-time dependency on an editor, usually meaning that
9 the path to an editor is hardcoded into some binary, then you most
10 certainly _do_ want to recompile when you switch the system editor.
11 Otherwise, those packages will fail when you remove the old editor.
14 There are problems in today's world that cannot be
15 solved by the level of thinking that created them.
16 -- Albert Einstein
17 --
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list