From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Developers, please work on underlinking issues!
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 12:13:28
1 On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 7:47 AM, Lars Wendler <polynomial-c@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > And as long as I keep reading such statements I won't use ld.gold
4 > anywhere on my (dev-)systems. A linker IMHO is a far too crucial
5 > toolchain component to blindly play around with.
8 There really isn't any need to use it as a daily driver.
9
10 If you just check your packages occassionally to make sure they build
11 with gold it completely achieves the goal, and it will actually result
12 in fewer bugs using the non-gold linker as well.
15 Rich