From: Viktor Lakics <lakicsv@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] AA and KDE in gentoo
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 02:02:24
1 I know this is not relly gentoo specific, but if anyone have an idea I would
2 appreciate it. (sorry for posting this here, bu I generally find that still
3 there is too much confusion and distribution specific problems with AA in
4 linux)
5
6 I got Anti-aliased fonts working with KDE in gentoo linux. I have too problems
7 to be solved.
8
9 I only have AA fonts when I set QT_XFT=1 in an xterm, and start an application
10 from that xterm. How can I set QT_XFT before starting KDE to have AA
11 everywhere in KDE? What config file do I have to edit?
12
13 The second question: I love AA, but I absolutely need konsole with the "linux"
14 console font (not AA-ed). Konsole looks crap when I use AA-ed fonts. Is there
15 any way to have a specific app started with non AA-d fonts from an AA-ed
16 environment?
19 Thanks in advance, and again sorry for bugging the list with this
20 non-development question...
21
22 Cheers Viktor
23