From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for January
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 10:12:55
1 On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 23:23 -0500, Philip Webb wrote:
2 > After reading -- quickly -- this thread for a day or two,
3 > to see what Gentoo devs are thinking, I'm surprised
4 > anyone has been taking this rubbish seriously enough to reply at length.
5 > The final line suggests the writer has no serious interest in Gentoo.
6 I'd say the writer has an interest in Gentoo that does not fully overlap
7 with what has happened lately and wants to see things move
8 differently ...
9
10 > "Appoint one person to lead": the Germans did that back in 1933
11 > -- as did the French in 1799, the Russians in 1917 & the Chinese in 1949 --
12 dude ... like ... y'know ... the americans have one of those, too?
13 That was a really unneeded comment.
14
15 > & we have had a long time to reflect on the kind of thing which results.
16 ... but still haven't learned much yet I think
17
18 > The community which achieved the most with the least in human history
19 > was ancient Athens, which was even less directed than Gentoo.
20 How about the Mongols or Turks? Atlantis?
21
22 > Democracy ? Consensus ? Co-operative efforts ? Rational discussion ?
23 > Apparently they are of no interest to the OP.
24 hmmm?
25 > As soon as anyone starts to order Gentoo devs to do anything,
26 > they will leave & not come back & the project really will die a prompt death.
27 > What makes it work is precisely "arguing among ourselves".
28 Inefficient. The collective demands to assimilate your individuality.
32 Stand still, and let the rest of the universe move