From: Fabio Erculiani <lxnay@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [fyi] lddtree magic
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 17:41:08
1 On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 6:32 PM, Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 10 April 2013 12:42:14 Fabio Erculiani wrote:
3 >> On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 5:33 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
4 >> > On Wednesday 10 April 2013 06:04:00 Fabio Erculiani wrote:
5 >> >> It looks like you're not using a standard style guide for Python but
6 >> >> rather this one [1].
7 >> >> I suggest you to use something closer to PEP8.
8 >> >
9 >> > no
10 >>
11 >> Good arguments! As usual I'd say.
12 >
13 > sorry, but i didn't think stating the obvious was necessary. i authored the
14 > entire tool, and the one maintaining the code, so yes, i get the liberty to
15 > use whatever coding style pleases me. you provide no reasoning whatsoever as
16 > to why PEP8 is "better". i doubt the style choice is going make any difference
17 > whatsoever to contributions for people including yourself.
18
19 I guess that you're new to Python then. Anyway, mine was just an
20 advice, yours was just the same old rude answer.
23 > don't like it ? fork it and write your own.
24 > -mike
29 Fabio Erculiani