From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] have portage be quiet by default
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 00:40:42
1 On 11/13/2011 04:36 PM, Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn wrote:
2 > Zac Medico schrieb:
3 >>> Per discussion on IRC, I propose to make -v turn off quiet-build by default.
4 >>> It can remain enabled by default if -v is not passed to emerge.
5 >>
6 >> I think -v controls too many other things to make it override
7 >> --quiet-build, especially since I consider --quiet-build=n to be a mode
8 >> that most people would prefer to avoid.
9 >
10 > No, in my proposal --quiet-build would override -v, not the other way round.
11
12 Your proposal was for -v to override the new default --quiet-build
13 setting, was it not?
14 --
15 Thanks,
16 Zac