From: Chris Bainbridge <C.J.Bainbridge@×××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Java-Plugin in Mozilla with GCC3.1(.1)
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 12:14:15
1 On Sunday 11 August 2002 8:38 am, Matthew Kennedy wrote:
2 > work-around with the standalone "appletviewer" program bundled with
3 > most JDK/JRE.
4 >
5 > The other alternative is to get the source to the JDK and compile it
6 > yourself. But this has its own problems with respect to your freedoms
7 > and in any case, it's possible (so I hear anyway) that their source
8 > release may not be equivlent the source used to compile the JDK for
9 > binary release.
10
11 emerge blackdown-jdk
12 then in konqueror goto Settings->Konqueror Browser->Java, click "enable java
13 globally", and set "path to java executable" to
14 /opt/blackdown-jdk-1.3.1/bin/java.
15
16 This seems to run every applet I've come across. Is it really that easy?
17 Everything else I've seen makes you jump through hoops to get java applets to
18 work with gcc3.