From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Augmenting the CPU_FLAGS_X86 list and creating CPU_FLAGS_PPC + CPU_FLAGS_ARM
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2016 01:37:21
1 On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 8:08 PM, Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o> wrote:
2 > Also, how are they exposed in cpuinfo, do we have first patches
3 > for cpuid2cpuflags?
4
5 cpuid2cpuflags does not use /proc/cpuinfo since version 2.
6
7 A patch adding detection for the various avx512 extensions has been
8 merged upstream.
9
10 https://github.com/mgorny/cpuid2cpuflags/commit/8b020e51773c912cca3d6983bd883a6ff08ad637
11
12 > tl;dr: Concerned about prematurely adding things without knowing of consumer examples
13
14 I agree that there is no point in adding the values to
15 cpu_flags_x86.desc until there are some ebuild ready to utilize them.