From: Hans de Graaff <graaff@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce <gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: ruby18-only packages in dev-ruby
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 06:42:49
1 With Ruby 1.8 End-Of-Live upstream we are starting the preparations to
2 remove it from the tree, together with all relevant packages. The list
3 below contains all packages in dev-ruby that are marked as ruby18-only.
4 If you use any of the packages below with a newer ruby version then
5 please open a bug with the details so we can mark it accordingly and
6 remove it from the mask.
7
8 If you maintain ruby packages please check that your package supports at
9 least Ruby 1.9 (ruby19) and mark it accordingly.
12 # Hans de Graaff <graaff@g.o> (21 Jul 2013)
13 # Mask ruby18-only packages in dev-ruby for removal in 30 days.
14 # ruby18 is EOL and no longer supported upstream. These packages
15 # are only marked for ruby18 and most have not seen releases in
16 # a long time. All of them don't have reverse dependencies.
17 # All will be removed unless it can be verified that they do
18 # work with newer ruby versions.
19 dev-ruby/autotest-rails
20 dev-ruby/canny
21 dev-ruby/cgikit