From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Python 3.1: Stabilization and news item
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 09:03:08
1 El jue, 25-03-2010 a las 11:37 -0400, Richard Freeman escribió:
2 > On 03/24/2010 11:47 PM, Joshua Saddler wrote:
3 > > Even then, it'll likely get
4 > > installed first, as users will probably learn about p.masking it only
5 > > *after* they install it.
6 >
7 > I don't have strong feelings on whether having v3 installed by default
8 > is a big problem, but the last bit here probably should be addressed.
9 >
10 > The current news item only shows up for people with python 3.1 already
11 > installed. Would it make sense to have it show up for anybody with any
12 > version of python installed? Otherwise it is news after-the-fact.
13 >
14 > Rich
17 Hello
18
19 Maybe I have misunderstood anything (since I don't know much about
20 python stuff) but, what would occur if I forget to mask python-3 and
21 don't run python-updater. My plans would be to try to delay
22 python-updater running until I switch to use python3, because some
23 machines I maintain are quite old and takes some time to re-emerge all
24 python apps :-/
25
26 Thanks for the info