From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: ML changes
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 17:45:32
1 On Sat, 2007-07-14 at 10:25 -0700, Josh Saddler wrote:
2 > William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
3 > > -core Internal Private List, Public R/O after period of time
4 > > -core Internal Private List, Public R/O after period of time
5 >
6 > No. -core should not ever be public. It's not for development anyway.
7 > -core contains things like personal issues the developers are having,
8 > phone numbers, street addresses, stuff on conferences, meeting times,
9 > job offers, etc. -- nothing that the entire world should have access to,
10 > not even after time has gone by.
11
12 I am neutral. -core can remain permanently private, or be opened up.
13 Just seemed like a decent idea for full and complete transparency.
14 Granted personal info/data, names, addresses, etc, ideally would need to
15 be scrubbed.
16
17 Probably just best to err on the side of cautiousness and keep private
18 forever. If people have a problem with transparency. I am sorry, I don't
19 know of many if any organizations that are 100% transparent.
22 William L. Thomson Jr.
23 Gentoo/Java