From: justin <jlec@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gtk 3 preparation work
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 13:24:51
1 On 05/03/11 19:52, Nirbheek Chauhan wrote:
2 > On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 4:04 AM, Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o> wrote:
3 >> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 8:28 AM, Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
4 >>> On 11:13 Sun 27 Feb , Gilles Dartiguelongue wrote:
5 >>>> a quick mail to announce that the gnome team, in order to prepare for
6 >>>> gnome 3, started slotting a lot of gnome team managed packages. If you
7 >>>> find yourself using such a package, please update your ebuilds to use
8 >>>> slot notations or other EAPI compliant notation resulting in the same
9 >>>> effect.
10 >>>
11 >>> This email would be much more useful if it included a list of affected
12 >>> packages, sorted by maintainer and/or herd.
13 >>>
14 >>
15 >> As requested, here is a (probably) complete list of packages which
16 >> depend on x11-libs/gtk+ without a slot. The list was generated using
17 >> the tinderbox rindex, so it may be slightly out of date.
20 > I've started maintaining an irregularly updated list for gtk+ (and a
21 > few other libraries):
22 >
23 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~nirbheek/gnome/3.0/slotting/
24 >
25 > The script I use to generate these lists is:
26 >
27 > http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/gnome.git;a=blob;f=scripts/slot_rindex.py;hb=HEAD
28 >
29 > If you look at the lists in that directory, you'll be able to guess
30 > that there are other libraries which need the same treatment. The list
31 > of these libraries is, however, incomplete right now. We'll be sending
32 > a mail about that later, but folks can fix deps to use slots right now
33 > if they wish.
34 >
35 > Thanks to everyone who has fixed deps of their (and other folks') packages!
38 all sci is fixed.
39
40 Why do you have a rdeps list for vte. it is in slot 0. Will there be a
41 different slot in future?
42
43 justin