From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] `paludis --info' is not like `emerge --info'
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 13:47:37
On Sat, 4 Apr 2009 15:17:30 +0200
Peter Alfredsen <loki_val@g.o> wrote:
> While it may be useful to post all the information about the > package-manager for *you*, it's not helping us (bug-wranglers) any. We > need one screenfull of text that concisely shows us the state of your > system.
There is no magic way of determining which bits of information are or are not useful.
> We really can guess a lot from the emerge --info output.
'guess'. Like how you have to guess what use flags are really being used for the package in question, because it doesn't tell you?
> Also, we still get people who just post their paludis --info. Could > you please put in *bold letters* at the top of that output that it's > not the info they'll need when reporting bugs.
It's in bright pink at the bottom. If people aren't reading that, tell them to start paying attention or buy a mac. -- Ciaran McCreesh

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] `paludis --info' is not like `emerge --info' Thilo Bangert <bangert@g.o>