From: Craig Joly <craig@×××××××××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo Developers <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] /var/cache/edb/dep
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 09:43:56
1 Hi,
2 This might be a bug. Or it might just be me.
3 What creates /var/cache/edb/dep?
4 I upgraded portage to 1.8.18 from 1.8.16 yesterday. Immediately
5 afterwards emerge and ebuild partially stopped working. clean and
6 search worked but installs and --pretend would die with a traceback
7 message and complain that /var/cache/edb/dep/dep-portage-1.8.18.ebuild
8 is not found.
9 I checked and found that there was no /var/cache/edb/dep on my system.
10 Fortunately, I have another Gentoo box at work, so sshed over there
11 and copied over that entire directory. That solved my problem, but I
12 don't understand why one of my computers had it and the other didn't.
13
14 The machines have completely different USE varialbles in make.conf.
15 Will that cause a problem?
16
17 Craig
20 Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and
21 taste good with ketchup.