From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: switching default udev provider for new systems to udev
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2020 12:11:53
1 On Mon, 2020-08-10 at 09:35 +0200, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 > > > > > > On Sun, 09 Aug 2020, William Hubbs wrote:
3 > > There are roughly 100 commits in the udev master branch since the date
4 > > of this sync:
5 > > https://github.com/systemd/systemd/commits/master/src/udev
6 >
7 > And what does this tell us? Commit count isn't very useful as a metric.
8
9 Yes, contributor count is a more important metric. It helps us tell
10 the original project that has community from fork with a bus factor
11 of one.
14 > Do these commits fix any bugs that are still open in eudev? Do they add
15 > any important features?
18 We can fork any random project and claim that our fork is better because
19 we consider it feature complete. Then we can freely claim that upstream
20 commits don't fix any real bugs, and new features aren't important. If
21 you don't change anything, you don't break anything, right?
24 Best regards,
25 Michał Górny