From: Guilherme Amadio <amadio@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Make 'cuda' a global USE flag
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 14:00:39
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 We have several packages (~35) with local USE=cuda. Should we make that
4 a global USE flag? It's a quite generic flag for GPU support, so I was
5 surprised to learn it was still local when I added support for it to a
6 package recently.
7
8 Another thing we might want to discuss is a global setting for the CUDA
9 architecture to be used¹. We compile from source, so it would be a shame
10 not to compile with the right features for newer GPUs². Maybe just
11 advertising the NVCCFLAGS one should put in make.conf is enough?
12
13 Cheers,
14 —Guilherme
15