From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-core@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] bugstest.gentoo.org - public beta for the new Gentoo BugZilla - please test!
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 09:45:42
1 Hi everybody,
2
3 Over in infra, some of us have been working hard (see also the recent
4 anonymous CVS and SVN services), and we're now ready for public testing
5 on another milestone...
6
7 The shiny new bugstest.gentoo.org! We're opening it up for all testers
8 as of this email. It is current up the 14th of November, so I would also
9 like to encourage everybody searching for existing bugs to use it. It
10 should scale much better than the existing BugZilla setup.
11
12 This testing period will last for 2-4 weeks, depending on how stable the
13 setup of bugstest turns out to be. Then we can hopefully roll out the
14 new Bugzilla for production use in time for Christmas!
15
16 Usage:
17 1. Point your browser at http://bugstest.gentoo.org
18 2. Continue as normal
19 3. When you find a problem, file a bug in the real bugzilla
20 http://bugs.gentoo.org/, directed to infra, with 'bugstest' in the
21 summary!
22
23 Notable elements:
24 - Newer version of Bugzilla from upstream.
25 - Much more database horse-power.
26 - Automatic failover between database machines.
27 - A much better backup system - that shouldn't cause a major hiccup at
28 night - 5 seconds of non-availability, and then 5-8 minutes of a
29 slightly delay on one of the database machines.
30
31 Misc Notes:
32 - email is disabled, so nobody gets spammed by any attempted mass changes.
33 - I suspect there might be one or two UTF8 problems lurking. Look on the
34 main bugzilla for entries that use UTF8 in the summary and the
35 comments, and compare them to the entries in bugstest.
36
37 Thanks to kingtaco, myself, ramereth, solar, jforman and cshields for
38 all playing a part of getting this together so far!
41 Robin Hugh Johnson
42 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
43 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85