From: "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] openrc 0.12 - netifrc/newnet mix-up
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 05:56:41
1 On Tue, 10 Dec 2013, William Hubbs wrote:
2
3 > My issue with what we are currently doing is not whether we have a
4 > default network provider in the stages or not, but it is just that the
5 > netifrc use flag on OpenRC is bogus. OpenRC doesn't need netifrc for any
6 > reason.
7
8 William,
9
10 the "push" for the use flag was to ensure that users would keep the
11 existing networking functionaility and more importantly their network
12 configuration. Without it, portage would "happily" clean /etc/conf.d/net -
13 something not desirable by most.