From: Thomas Cort <tcort@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Overlays: Status Report
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 20:58:12
1 On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 21:02:15 +0100
2 Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o> wrote:
3 > I think we're ready to announce the service, but before we do, I thought
4 > it'd be a good idea to get feedback from the wider dev community.
5
6 I've got an overlay on overlays.gentoo.org. It is working out very
7 well. Thank you for providing such a useful service. It saves me the
8 time of setting up and running my own svn hosting and web pages.
9
10 I have 2 suggestions. On the wiki[1], there is an image in the
11 upper left that says "gentoo overlays", but it links to gentoo.org.
12 Could that be changed to link to overlays.gentoo.org? As far as I can
13 tell, there is no link back to overlays.gentoo.org from the trac pages.
14 The other suggestion I have is for the homepage[2] and RSS feed. Would it be
15 possible to get the committer's username listed?
16
17 Thanks again to everyone in the overlays project for all the hard work.
18
19 [1] http://overlays.gentoo.org/dev/tcort
20 [2] http://overlays.gentoo.org
21