From: Eric Shattow <shadow@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Inquiry: new IRC channel
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 22:41:54
1 Hello
2
3 Unless I am mistaken there is no IRC channel officially devoted to the
4 development of scripts specific to the Gentoo project. I give ebuilds,
5 dependency based init.d scripts, foobar-update scripts, www browser
6 launch wrappers, and cleanup scripts run from cron, as example subjects.
7 #gentoo has become enduser-oriented, #gentoo-dev not within the scope,
8 and #gentoo-portage covers the portage and related issues but not the
9 ebuild scripts themselves.
10
11 Where are we to go on IRC? It was then suggested to make a new channel.
12
13 Possible names include:
14
15 #gentoo-programming
16 #gentoo-scripts
17 #gentoo-scripting
18 #gentoo-ebuild
19 #gentoo-code
20 #gentoo-coding
21
22 I discussed this with another guy, Michael, and we would like to sport a
23 new Official (TM) gentoo channel.
24
25 The scope of this channel would be scripting for the systems #gentoo-dev
26 create and mantain, while being more developer oriented than #gentoo.
27
28 My preference is for #gentoo-code, and Michael suggested #gentoo-scripts
29 which I also like. Pick one :)
30
31 Cheers
32