From: Josh Glover <jmglov@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC - apache start page.
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 16:38:59
1 Quoth Erik Swanson:
2
3 > 'branding' is a global use flag I'd like to see implemented that would
4 > toggle all branding (logos/artwork, custom themes, mentions of gentoo
5 > in a package's build info, etc...) of packages. I do think such a flag
6 > would belong in make.defaults because branding is a reasonable thing to
7 > do by default and even I would only want to turn it off in a few cases.
8 > (Examples of branding I'd like to turn off are the gnome splash screen,
9 > qmail's banner, the apache banner on error pages, and of course this.)
10
11 For what it is worth, I second this. Great idea, Erik!
14 Josh Glover
15
16 GPG keyID 0xDE8A3103 (C3E4 FA9E 1E07 BBDB 6D8B 07AB 2BF1 67A1 DE8A 3103)
17 gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys DE8A3103
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list