From: "Tiziano Müller" <dev-zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Prioritising contact information in metadata.xml
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 07:35:18
1 Jeroen Roovers wrote:
2 > All in all I guess we need to make the rules up as we go and decide
3 > policy later. I suggest the first herd/address in the list should be
4 > the primary contact. If you don't agree with that, please consult
5 > metadata.xml for the package or reassign to bug-wranglers with an
6 > explanation (and perhaps a promise to quickly change metadata.xml. :)
7
8 We're using XML 1.0 and as far as I know (please correct me if I'm wrong)
9 does the specification not guarantee element order. And because of this I
10 don't understand why we're not introducing a new attribute (let's call
11 it "primary_maintainer") which can be set to "true" for the primary
12 herd/maintainer (and which is being interpreted as "false" if not present).
13 Then it's clear which address has to be put in Bugzilla's "Assigned To:"
14 field...
15
16 Cheers,
17 Tiziano