From: Jonas Berlin <jonas@××××××.vg>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: Sebastian Werner <sebastian@××××××××××××××××××.de>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] manpages-1.43 partially failed to build
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 12:31:15
1 On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 03:51:00PM +0100, Sebastian Werner wrote:
2
3 > This looks strange. First update portage and look if 'die' will then be
4 > found. Look for a file netman* in /usr/portage/distfiles.
5
6 I just noted that the downloading of netman had been disabled in the
7 man-pages-1.43.ebuild:
8
9 # Modern netman versions are part of the standard man-pages for Linux
10 # ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/ak/netman/netman-20000610.tgz"
11
12 Still, the src_unpack() function had the
13
14 unpack netman-20000610.tgz
15
16 command in there, thus generating the error.
17
18 And no, I don't have netman* in /usr/portage/distfiles/ .. I guess it would
19 have worked if there had been one.
20
21 And yes, I updated portage, still giving the same error. Thus, it seems like
22 the unpack command fails to "die" correctly. In this case it was lucky,
23 because it seems that netman package is not needed.
24
25 > Have you a connection to the internet.
26
27 Yes..
28
29 So I guess the things to do are:
30
31 - comment out the unpack command for the netman package
32 - fix unpack to handle error situations correctly
33
34 Good luck!