From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Justin Whitney <ripple@××××××.be>
Cc: neuron <neuron@×××××××××××××××.nu>, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] boot script ordering
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 16:26:09
1 On Sun, 2004-02-29 at 15:11, Justin Whitney wrote:
2 > Actually, it must come before as it provides things for localmount to
3 > mount (otherwise encrypted block devices).
4 >
5 > Turns out the issue is that by default localmount is present as a
6 > CRITICAL_SERVICES in /sbin/rc
7 >
8 > to work around the issue, I wrote out everything in CRITICAL_SERVICES
9 > minus 'localmount' > /etc/runlevels/boot/.critical
10 >
11 > did the trick.
12 >
13 > My dm-crypt ebuild will need this same functionality if users want to
14 > mount their encrypted block devices in any usable way during boot. I
15 > don't know how I'd do this in any kind of flexible way.
16 >
17 > Can some of the devs comment on a good way to set about this?
20 I guess another way could be to move CRITICAL_SERVICES to /etc/conf.d/rc
21 ... It will just bork things on complex setups like adelie clusters,
22 etc.
27 Martin Schlemmer
28 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
29 Cape Town, South Africa