From: 320095285153-0001@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] glibc build problem in make check
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 22:54:11
1 Achim Gottinger wrote:
4 > > Since Suse 7.1 ships with 2.4/reiserfs I think this problem is solved.
5 >
6 > Well it seems to be still unsolved.
7 > I tested the lates kernel 2.4.1-ac17 with and without nfs and lvm patches all with
8 > the same result.
9 > I posted a message to the reiserfs mailinglist.
12 Here are the answers
13
14 Well, this is known weakness of reiserfs in its current state: it creates very
15 big holes in file very poorly.
16
17 Thanks,
18 vs
19
20 This isn't a bug, its a design flaw. reiserfs creates a little slower than
21 ext2 does, and this test is really benchmarking the hole creation speed.
22 We don't do it quickly, but the holes do get created.
23
24 -chris
25
27 I added a patch to the lates glibc-2.2.2 package that increases the timeout in
28 test-lfs so it should compile.
29 Since there are other problems with glibc-2.2.2/binutils-2.1.10.0.7 I will update
30 glibc-2.2.1 too.
31
32 achim~