From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] eselect init
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 15:16:20
1 On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 12:23:28PM +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > > If eselect-init installs the wrapper as /sbin/einit, we don't have to
3 > > touch /sbin/init at all, then, the only thing someone would have to do
4 > > is to add an entry to their boot loader with init=/sbin/einit on the kcl
5 > > to use it.
6 >
7 > But *if* the wrapper fails to run somehow, e.g. becomes broken,
8 > the kernel will fallback to the standard location.
9
10 Yes, but if the wrapper replaces /sbin/init, like it does now, and the
11 wrapper gets broken, I think you are left with an unbootable system.
12
13 William