From: Kim Nielsen <kn@××××××××××.dk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Spam and muppets
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 00:52:35
1 On Sun, 2002-06-16 at 23:10, Colin Morey wrote:
2 > This has come up a number of times recently, and each time i have to
3 > double check my own spam folder to find out what the reason for the
4 > complaint is, (I run spamassasin locally, and it works very well), I
5 > don't think however that legally filtering of traffic to an open
6 > mailling list is a good thing.
7 I too have spamassasin installed locally and use procmail to filter out
8 certain mails but they still flood my server by sending mails from
9 system accounts like mailer-daemon.
10
11 I would like nothing more than to drop mails from mailer-daemon and
12 maybe a check to see if the user is a subscriber (To prevent spam)
13
14 Best regards
15 Kim