From: John Nilsson <john@×××××××.nu>
To: stuart@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 26 -- Handling kernels with portage
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 22:47:24
1 Would anyone be interested in improving the GLEP process?
2 Some thoughts:
3
4 A GLEP should have three parts
5
6 1. A case for the problem.
7 This document will discuss the problem.
8 * Is there a problem?
9 * What is the nature of the problem?
10 * Who is affected by the problem?
11 * Should the problem be solved?
12
13 2. Solution requirement analysis.
14 This document will declare the requirements that a proposed solution
15 will be tested against.
16
17 3. Solution
18 A document describing the solution.
19
20 Each document should be accepted before the next part is worked on. A
21 document MUST have a version history. A solution(3) MUST link to a
22 particular version of the SRA(2) which MUST link to a particular version
23 of problem(1).
24
25 I also suggest a wiki-like development model for documents.
26
27 -John
28