From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] User warnings (Was Re: how to handle sensitive files when generating binary packages)
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 01:42:52
1 William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
2
3 > That's providing people pay attention to portage griping in the first
4 > place. Which I would assume most don't :) Unless they have to.
5 >
6 That's why I posted that script a few months ago:
7 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-546828.html
8
9 It's updated for bash 3.2 and has been tested extensively (\r seems to mess
10 up under screen though.) Just don't run it with sh, as it needs full bash
11 capability. We're looking at bashrc to make it more efficient, but I mainly
12 want USE flag editing within the interface (and pkgcore compatibility.)
13
14 I never miss any warnings now :-) And yeah, I would love it if i didn't need
15 this script, but for now I still do.
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list