From: Will Glynn <delta407@×××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] installation question
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 16:46:57
It's not in the documentation, but after you've unpacked the system
image, go into /etc/wget/ and edit wget's config file.

Doing this makes wget (portage downloader and all-around-nifty utility)
use your HTTP proxy; however, updating your portage tree (emerge rsync)
can't, to my knowledge, be done through HTTP -- so, you may be out of
luck.