From: Will Glynn <delta407@×××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] installation question
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 16:46:57
1 It's not in the documentation, but after you've unpacked the system
2 image, go into /etc/wget/ and edit wget's config file.
3
4 Doing this makes wget (portage downloader and all-around-nifty utility)
5 use your HTTP proxy; however, updating your portage tree (emerge rsync)
6 can't, to my knowledge, be done through HTTP -- so, you may be out of
7 luck.
8
9 From: "Sibert, Roger" <roger_sibert@×××××××.com>
10 To: "'gentoo-dev@g.o'" <gentoo-dev@g.o>
11 Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 16:42:09 -0500
12 Subject: [gentoo-dev] installation question
13
14 > I might be missing this somewhere in the documentation, but how do you
15 > handle the install when your behind a firewall and all web access has
16 > to be done through a proxy.
17 >
18 > Roger Sibert
19 > OEM Systems Test Technician