From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] profiles 17.0 hardened/no-multilib missing?
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2017 21:14:01
1 On 12/02/2017 03:43 PM, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > Any reason we do not publish hardened/no-multilib?
4 > I see we have[1] in place and is working if explicitly added.
5 > Thanks,
6 > Alon
7 >
8 > [1] profiles/features/hardened/amd64/no-multilib
11 I'm not sure if anything is using that particular profile. I tried to
12 create a new subprofile myself,
13
14 https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-hardened/message/ab7ef753aa88f21c8a05d667cf511a24
15
16 and wound up (indirectly) using arch/amd64/no-multilib as the parent
17 instead of your [1]. I think USE="pic" by default is the only difference.
18
19 In any case, until it becomes official, I'm probably just going to fake
20 the profile with a symlink to the no-multilib profile's use.mask. That
21 at least prevents me from building a multilib gcc, glibc, and sandbox.