From: Xavier Neys <neysx@g.o>
To: Ian Leitch <port001@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Web Based Portage Interface
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 18:12:06
1 On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 20:29, Ian Leitch wrote:
2 > elo,
3 >
4 > Does anyone think a web based interface to portage is
5 > need/possible/would be used if created?
6 >
7 > Would it be overkill for remote administration seen as we already have
8 > SSH?
9 > Would it be problematic binding apache and portage in such a way?
10 > Is the concept insecure?
11 > Would a small server daemon be needed?
12 > Would multi server control be possible?
13 > Is it worth it?
14 >
15 > I was thinking along the lines of complete control by the way.
16 >
17 > Regards
18
19 IMHO many users would appreciate a webmin module.
20 I have no idea how much work this would require, though.
23 My €0.02
27 > --
28 > gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list
29 --