From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] removing dhcpcd from system???
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 23:55:05
1 Vapier wrote: [Wed Sep 29 2004, 09:06:12AM EDT]
2 > isnt this a moot point anyways ?
3 > putting '-dhcp-client' into USE in make.conf is just about as 'hard' as
4 > putting '-dhcpcd' in the /etc/portage/profile/ tree
5 > plus it's just one more bit of junk in our USE space
6
7 Frankly, this makes sense to me. Here's what I'm thinking at the
8 moment:
9
10 - baselayout-1.11.x already emits an error message when there is no
11 DHCP client available and DHCP configuration is requested. For
12 example:
13
14 * For DHCP (dhcpcd) support, emerge net-misc/dhcpcd
15
16 - Adding explicit instructions to the install guide to choose a DHCP
17 client is less messy than adding a (local!) USE flag and documenting
18 it in the install guide.
19
20 Regards,
21 Aron