From: Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] unsanctioned python 2.7 crusade
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2019 16:35:59
1 Ühel kenal päeval, R, 06.12.2019 kell 14:06, kirjutas Thomas
2 Deutschmann:
3 > Since when is it acceptable for anyone to remove packages (the
4 > package.mask entry clearly says that this package is scheduled for
5 > removal and suspecting that any *user* will step and contact p-m for
6 > example is naive) without any need?
7
8 I assume the p.mask entry text wasn't optimal then.
9 For this specific case, sabnzbd had been in maintainer-needed for 3
10 months already. Unfortunately no "package up for grabs" had been sent
11 for this one when it was dropped to that (previous maintainer dropped
12 maintenance himself).
13
14 I don't see anything wrong with the idea of p.masking it in case it
15 could be causing problems for others (such as py2). Of course the
16 p.mask entry could apparently have been better, it's sad that no
17 "package up for grabs" happened back then months ago, and it's not nice
18 it was all in a big lump of maintainer-needed packages, python@
19 packages and packages maintained by completely unaware maintainers with
20 no notification period.
23 Mart