From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Docker 1.0.0 masked for no known reason?
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 03:38:34
1 On Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 11:17 PM, Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Sat, 28 Jun 2014 19:58:22 -0700
3 > Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Hi Markos,
6 >>
7 >> I was wondering why docker 1.0.0 wasn't seeming to get updated on my
8 >> boxes recently, despite me commiting the update to the cvs tree, and
9 >> Tianon noticed that it was masked at the moment:
10 >>
11 >> # Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> (03 May 2014)
12 >> # Masked for further testing
13 >
14 > Oh, that good old "masked for testing", which actually never works. If
15 > you want testing to be done, you don't mask stuff. Also, no bug number
16 > referenced. All you get is someone's e-mail address.
17
18 Well, it can make sense if you're actually actively testing it and
19 having it in tree offers convenience when doing so, but generally it
20 should be reserved for cases where it really is actively being tested,
21 and isn't simply sitting around. Then you actually have some kind of
22 roadmap to general release. This is far less disruptive than sticking
23 an ebuild in ~arch when all you know is that it builds.
24
25 I can't vouch for what is going on in this case.
26
27 Rich