From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] vim syntaxy goodness for ebuilds, eclasses, GLEPs
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 18:56:38
1 On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 20:51:06 +0100 I wrote:
2 | http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm/overlay/app-vim/gentoo-syntax/
3
4 A much improved updated version is now in the main tree. I strongly
5 suggest that anyone using vim to edit portagey things gives it a go. As
6 well as giving you better syntax highlighting for ebuild keywords, it'll
7 pick up certain mistakes and make them really stand out:
8
9 http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm/tmp/gentoo-syntax.png
10
11 Suggestions, patches, etc welcomed. Smartarse remarks about emacs or
12 nano will lead to a smiting.
13
14 The following still applies if you've got a not-so-recent vim-core:
15
16 | Chances are you'll have to re-emerge vim-core, etc-update and accept
17 | the changes to /etc/vim/vimrc before these will actually work. (For
18 | those who care, using set filetype= in a global configuration file is
19 | a bad idea, since it can't be overridden from plugins... Using
20 | setfiletype is the correct way to do things.)
23 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Sparc, MIPS, Vim, Fluxbox)
24 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
25 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm