From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] first council meeting
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 17:46:14
1 On Friday 16 September 2005 00:20, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > actually this is came up in the meeting as something we would like to see
3 > spelled out explicitly ... either as a GLEP itself or as a policy update to
4 > current stabilization practices
5 >
6 > the GLEP was approved on the grounds that we need an x86 team and that it
7 > needs to be treated as any other arch ... arch team interaction with
8 > maintainers should be spelled out clearly rather than part of a single
9 > sentence '... or make individual arrangements with the x86 arch team.'
10
11 Ok, I do think that we will need a way for the maintainer to indicate that the
12 package is stable. I'd be happy to leave stabilizing out of my hands, but I
13 wouldn't want my packages to be stabilized before I deem it stable.
14
15 Paul
18 Paul de Vrieze
19 Gentoo Developer