From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Guidance on adding kernel config checks to ebuilds
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 19:45:04
1 On Mon, Sep 27, 2021 at 3:11 PM Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se> wrote:
2 >
3 > Mike Gilbert wrote:
4 > > It's a waste of time and effort to pepper random ebuilds with checks
5 > > for options that everyone should have enabled in the first place.
6 >
7 > It's not for you to say what everyone should have enabled in their kernel.
8
9 Do you not agree that there are some options that should always be
10 enabled, or at least that we can assume are enabled?
11
12 To use my earlier example, should every package that uses AF_INET
13 check for CONFIG_INET in the kernel?