From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Getting -project started
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 07:16:19
1 Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > I have seen no real opposition for the creation of the -project mailing
3 > list and even this ML changes thread itself involved the creation of the
4 > -project mailing (the thread itself is a prime example on why we need
5 > -project in the first place) so how about we just get that mailing list
6 > going right no and let the rest of it fall into place later. My guess is
7 > that if we would have had -project for ages, the need for moderating
8 > -dev would have never come about. I bet there are devs who have talked
9 > about creating this kind of a list months, even years ago. This time
10 > it's not about show me the code but show me the mailing list!
11
12 I'm not sure on the history of a non-technical ML itself, but I cooked up the
13 idea of gentoo-politics originally, thinking the similarly-themed debian ML was
14 debian-politics. After a debian developer pointed out that it was actually A)
15 debian-project, and B) He intentionally stays off that list (obviously for good
16 reason), I figured the name and non-requirement for developers was most
17 appropriate for our needs as well.
18
19 Hence, Bug #181368 was born.
20
21 And apparently, so was "ML Changes". Guess the doctor neglected to mention that
22 I was having twins, and that one of them was gonna grow up to be overweight and
23 ugly, yet incredibly hot.
24
25 Healthcare really has gone down the drain here in the UDG, hasn't it? (United
26 Developers of Gentoo). Anyone care to recruit Moore as a developer?
27
28 Anyone???
32 --Kumba
35 Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead
36
37 "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands
38 do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond
39 --
40 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list