From: DarKRaveR <dark@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] LDAP use flag / openssh
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 05:31:30
1 Hi List,
2
3 first of, I am no dev, but I was really wondering, why ldap is a default
4 useflag in the 2008.0 desktop profile, maybe someone could enlighten me?
5 I am especially wondering, why would the average desktop user want LDAP
6 but not samba, for CIFS etc. ?
7
8 I guess, the ways, of the devs are somewhat mysterious, so, okay, let's
9 stick stick with the LDAP useflag, no biggy.
10
11 What I particularly wonder about: LDAP is a default use flag (in
12 desktop). Now, openssh got an LDAP useflag, but for ages all ebuilds
13 drop out, saying one should mask 'em, since ldap doesn't work with the
14 particular version. What I really don't understand: If the feature is
15 broken (which I don't know, but assume due to the ebuild message), why
16 is it, that the flag did not get removed? Is it typical policy to keep
17 useflags for broken features?
18
19 Please don't get me wrong, all I am looking for is some enlightenment in
20 this case ...
21
22 With best Regards
23
24 -Sven
25
26 P.S.: If I am just stupid or ignorant and missed out on something,
27 please tell me so.
30 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list