From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Going against co-maintainer's wishes (ref. bug 412697)
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 07:01:26
1 On 26 May 2013 02:13, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA512
4 >
5 > On 05/25/2013 05:14 PM, Ben de Groot wrote:
6 >>
7 >> But if a co-maintainer pushes through a change that I oppose, then
8 >> working together becomes quite difficult. In this case I opted to
9 >> give up maintainership.
10 >>
11 > Ben,
12 >
13 > We've been working together, in the same team(s), for more than 4
14 > years and we never had a single problem in co-maintaining packages. I
15 > would never expected you to make so much noise because I committed a
16 > file (yes a file, *not* a patch) that changes absolutely *nothing* to
17 > existing users but it helps all those users who want to use systemd.
18 >
19 > I am very disappointed and confused.
20 >
21 > You should have known me better by now.
22
23 It is exactly because of our good history together that I was so
24 surprised and disappointed to see you disregarding my opinion in this,
25 and dismissing it as my problem.
28 Cheers,
29
30 Ben | yngwin