From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Dealing with XDG directories in ebuild environment
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 21:36:11
1 On Sun, 26 Jan 2014 13:21:44 -0800
2 Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
3 > Sorry, I work on Portage. What I'm saying is that We are free to
4 > change the behavior of *portage* now; rather than waiting for a new
5 > EAPI. If an ebuild needs to define EAPI=eapi-next to 'correctly' use
6 > XDG_*, well that is someone else's can of worms.
7
8 Changing Portage to hide the issue is a bad idea, since it makes it
9 harder for developers to notice that that's a problem they need to fix.
10 Although maybe you could set XDG_* to something that will give a big
11 noisy sandbox violation for current EAPIs?
14 Ciaran McCreesh