From: Geert Bevin <gbevin@×××××××.be>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] NEW: mysql-3.23.47
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 05:46:43
1 Hello Donny,
2
3 could you please talk about changes like this beforehand? I like
4 Gentoo's possibility to quickly release new packages and it's great that
5 it happens, but changing the installation paths of databases and the
6 socket name is not something one should to before consorting with others
7 first. After having merged the latest mysql package, I'm now stuck and
8 forced to migrate my databases and modify my scripts and installations
9 to work with the new socket path and name.
10
11 Apart from that, I appreciate the effort in maintaining mysql !
12
13 Best regards,
14
15 Geert
18 Geert Bevin
19 the Leaf sprl/bvba
20 "Use what you need" Pierre Theunisstraat 1/47
21 http://www.theleaf.be 1030 Brussels
22 gbevin@×××××××.be Tel & Fax +32 2 241 19 98