From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: last rites for avifile, vcr, zphoto, drip, divx4linux, quicktime4linux
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 10:23:30
1 Luca Barbato posted <438903F2.5030308@g.o>, excerpted below, on
2 Sun, 27 Nov 2005 01:55:14 +0100:
3
4 > Luca Barbato wrote:
5 > [snip]
6 >
7 > avifile will be removed tomorrow since mlt and mlt++ (required by jahshaka
8 > as avifile replacement) will be released tomorrow.
9 >
10 > If you are maintaining or using one of the packages in the list keep in
11 > mind that it will be removed in 24h if aren't avifile free.
12
13 I have very little idea what I'm talking about here, but that's why the
14 questions...
15
16 I have mjpegtools listed as dependant on avifile, and transcode dependant
17 on mjpegtools, and transcode installed for k3b.
18
19 Looking at the ebuild, the version hasn't been bumped, but it no longer
20 has the avi USE flag or avifile dependancy. Shouldn't the -r# be bumped,
21 so folks don't end up with an mjpegtools that doesn't work, or is it not
22 cross-linked to a library, only calling an independant executable (avicap,
23 maybe?). I don't see any indication that mjpegtools works with the
24 replacements?
29 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
30 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
34 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list