From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] OpenLDAP 2.2 series
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 23:44:59
1 Ok, I've just put the latest OpenLDAP 2.2.26 into the tree, and I don't
2 see anything that is now holding back the 2.2 series from ~arch. In 2
3 weeks, I plan to move it to ~arch, from it's present p.mask status.
4
5 It shouldn't cause any problems for anybody that has OpenLDAP installed
6 as a client only, but it's a bit bumpy for those that are running
7 OpenLDAP servers.
8
9 The ebuild will exit if it detects the server data files from the
10 previous versions of OpenLDAP, and display instructions on how to
11 upgrade safely. Bypass them at your own peril, as you will end up with a
12 badly corrupted database.
13
14 Also note that the slapd.conf syntax has had some minor but annoying
15 changes that will block slapd from starting until they are updated.
18 Robin Hugh Johnson
19 E-Mail : robbat2@××××××××××××××.net
20 Home Page : http://www.orbis-terrarum.net/?l=people.robbat2
21 ICQ# : 30269588 or 41961639
22 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85