From: Matti Bickel <mabi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [last rites] virtual/x11
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 12:22:14
1 Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o> wrote:
2 > Okay, x11-libs/fox-1.2.6-r3 was added to the tree which fixed the
3 > virtual/x11 and GCC 4.1 compile issues. It was marked stable on all
4 > archs except alpha. Someone doing some cleanup accidentally removed it
5 > from the tree instead of the broken -r2.
6
7 This was not accidental. I ment to remove all unslotted fox versions
8 from the tree but failed b/c of dangling DEPENDs.
9
10 > doesn't build, I think it might be better to just remove it along with
11 > virtual/x11. fox fell into treecleaner territory until recently but it
12 > looks like mabi has taken over as maintainer, so it's up to him. ;)
13
14 It'd be delighted to see fox-1.2.6 removed (along with 1.0, but that's
15 another story), but it's ia64's call to update their keywords or drop
16 'em (1.2.6-r2 is last stable). I've been told that this is being worked
17 on, so don't worry :)
18 --
19 Regards, Matti Bickel
20 Homepage: http://www.rateu.de