From: "C. Brewer" <cbrewer@×××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] make.conf
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 06:18:28
1 I was thinking that it might be nicer to do 2 files instead of the one.
2 granted it's not too much trouble to do an interactive merge, and since my
3 .nanorc is runs it so comments are colored, I really have no trouble picking
4 out what I don't have commented. However, I see a real benefit to having a
5 make.conf and make.conf.example (ala lilo,prozilla,etc.) so that the
6 operator could have their six or seven line make.conf, only overriding the
7 usual functions (CFLAGS,mirrors,PORT_OVERLAY,etc.) This would make it so
8 that the make.conf.example could be auto-updated, and then those interested
9 in playing with their make.conf could just periodically browse the
10 make.conf.example to see if any new features have been added. Also, I seem
11 to recall the when new user-affecting feature get added, there's usually
12 some sort of announce here, so you really wouldn't need to look at it unless
13 you see something here. I think this solution would provide amiable results
14 for both camps:)
18 Chuck Brewer
19 Registered Linux User #284015
20 Get my gpg public key at pgp.mit.edu!! Encrypted e-mail preferred.