From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] depend.apache.eclass and EAPI=6
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 22:02:10
1 On 09/30/2016 11:58 PM, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
2 >
3 > Hey all,
4 >
5 > during fiddling with mod_perl I stumbled across bug 575252 - in short,
6 > depend.apache.eclass doesn't work properly with EAPI=6.
7 >
8 > So, I'm going to add in a few days a default chunk of code at its start, which
9 > will die in EAPI=6.
10 >
11 > This *will* break the following ebuilds:
12 >
13 > www-apps/bugzilla-4.4.12
14 > www-apps/bugzilla-5.0.3
15 > www-apache/mod_limitipconn-0.24-r2
16 > www-apache/mod_nss-1.0.12-r1
17 > app-eselect/eselect-php-0.9.1
18 > net-analyzer/pnp4nagios-0.6.25-r3
19 > net-analyzer/icinga2-2.4.10-r1
22 Several of these ebuilds are in stable, so I strongly oppose any action
23 that breaks existing ebuilds.
24
25 I made my thoughts on this clear during the last council meeting, I
26 believe the correct action is a pro-active approach where we require
27 eclasses to have a defined set of approved EAPIs set and updated by the
28 eclass maintainer in order to not require an audit by each ebuild
29 maintainer inheriting the eclass. This was discussed on the last council
30 meeting but did not get to a vote.
33 Kristian Fiskerstrand
34 OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
35 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3